Dangerous pathogens found on Florida children’s face masks
A group of Florida parents who sent their children’s face masks to the University of Florida for testing has had their story go viral after they found the masks were contaminated with dangerous pathogens.
One of the mothers, Amanda Donoho, told Fox & Friends that her children’s faces broke out when they were forced to wear the masks for prolonged periods. "Our kids have been in masks all day, seven hours a day in school," Donoho, who has a 10-year-old and twin 8-year-olds, said. "The only break that they get is to eat or drink and that is it."
No breaks are allowed even for physical education or recess, she said. The parents sent the masks to the University of Florida’s Mass Spectrometry Research and Education Center for analysis, according to the Alachua Chronicle.
Half the masks had one or more strains of pneumonia-causing bacteria; a third had one or more strains of meningitis-causing bacteria. And, “One-third were contaminated with dangerous, antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens,” the Chronicle said.
“In addition, less dangerous pathogens were identified, including pathogens that can cause fever, ulcers, acne, yeast infections, strep throat, periodontal disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and more.”
Alachua Chronicle June 15, 2021
Video can be accessed at source link below.