Australia's first medicinal cannabis clinic set to open in Melbourne
– as it's revealed an additional nine will be launched next year
- The first of 10 medical cannabis clinics is set to be launched in Melbourne
- New legislation allows for treatments to be offered to adults and children
- The Victorian Health Minister supports the move to legalise medical cannabis
- CannaLife founder Helen Lyon predicts the number of approved patients to grow
The first of 10 medical cannabis clinics to be launched in Melbourne will open later this year with approval from the state and federal government.
New legislation allows doctors to prescribe cannabis treatments which will be available to adults and children, Herald Sun reported.
CannaLife founder Helen Lyon predicts the number of patients, who will be approved to legally use medical marijuana, is expected to grow significantly with the opening of the clinic in 2016.