Mystery glitch shuts down the ASX halting Australia's $1.7TRILLION stock market
- The Australian Securities Exchange has announced glitch has stopped trade
- A statement was issued via Twitter just before 11am apologising for 'disruption'
- BHP, Commonwealth Bank shares had stopped trading shortly after 10am open
- CMC Markets strategist Michael McCarthy said share infrastructure 'stressed'
- ASX managing director Dominic Stevens issued an apology after market closed
- The issue remained unresolved by 4pm when the market had closed for the day
A mystery software glitch shut down the Australian stock market for almost a full trading day.
The Australian Securities Exchange released a statement shortly before 11am AEDT but major shares appeared to have stopped trading 40 minutes earlier.
'The ASX equity market is currently paused and there is no trading while we investigate market data issues,' it tweeted.
For the rest of this article please go to source link below.